Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lack of Focus and Social Addiction

This last week I haven't been able to concentrate a whole lot on my project. Monday I made a Use Case and a Class Diagram (which were later deleted by an unknown colleague, but that's beside the point) :( After that I had a whole lot of more stuff to work on, but I just couldn't focus. I couldn't focus on my classes, I couldn't focus on my work, I couldn't focus on writing and I couldn't focus on UML. Instead, whenever I had to do something, I went on facebook/twitter/hotmail/blogspot to wait on something to read/comment/reply.

Yes, my name is Friso and I'm a social addict. I live for replying on a twitter, and I'm ecstatic when I get a reply or get retweeted. I read all the status'of my friends on facebook to see what they're up to. And yes I know that it would be more social to call them and actually talk with them, but it seems just easier to go to FB. And no, I don't plan on treating it, I just need to get my focus back.

On another note, I'M GOING TO MY FIRST NERDFIGHTER GATHERING IN 2 WEEKS!!! :D I'm so anxieted about it (that's right, I joined anxious and excited together in one week). I'm not sure what I should expect, but I'll go as prepared as possible!
I'll be taking my poi, my camera, my notebook, something to eat, something to drink and something to read. I really hope to meet new people, maybe even new friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment